Connect with us

Celebrity News

Shakira, Madonna and BTS Set to Headline First-Ever World Cup Halftime Show

Published

on

Photo: Instagram

For the first time in the tournament’s history, the FIFA World Cup final will have a halftime show. Shakira, Madonna, and BTS are the headliners, FIFA confirmed on Thursday, bringing together Latin pop, American pop, and K-pop headliners. The final is scheduled for July 19 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. The 2022 final drew more than 500 million live viewers without a single musical act.

Photo: Getty images

Adding one now is widely seen as a deliberate step to amplify the event’s impact. The lineup was revealed in a social media video posted by Chris Martin of Coldplay, featuring characters from Sesame Street and the Muppets. Martin, who has been leading the tournament’s entertainment programming, explained his selection choices during an interview with Elmo. “It’s a chance to show how amazing all different kinds of humans are,” he said. The three acts span different continents, fan bases, and musical generations in a combination rarely seen on a single stage.

All three artists enter the announcement with strong recent activity and visibility. Shakira has released a new track titled “Dai Dai,” the official tournament song featuring Afrobeats star Burna Boy, and she previously performed at the 2010 World Cup opening ceremony in South Africa. Madonna is also expected to release new music around the same period, according to industry reports.

BTS reunited as a full group in March for the first time in nearly four years completing mandatory military service obligations.

Photo: Getty images

The show itself will be produced by Global Citizen, the nonprofit behind large-scale concerts tied to causes like hunger and poverty. FIFA and Global Citizen tested the format last summer during the Club World Cup final at MetLife Stadium where Doja Cat, Tems and J Balvin performed from a stage built into the stands. The format is being expanded after a test run at the Club World Cup final.

The tournament begins next month across 16 cities in the United States, Mexico, and Canada, with U.S. broadcasts on Fox and Telemundo.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

sixty − 56 =
Powered by MathCaptcha

Celebrity News

Kim Kardashian Declines Legal Help Request From Mackenzie Shirilla

Published

on

Photo: Instagram

Kim Kardashian has passed on a request to provide legal support to Mackenzie Shirilla, who is serving a prison sentence for a 2022 car crash that killed her boyfriend, Dominic Russo, and their friend, Davion Flanagan.

During a recorded call from the Cuyahoga County Corrections Center in Ohio, Shirilla said she hoped Kardashian would take on her case, even suggesting she could act as her attorney. The comment surfaced through media coverage of the ongoing story, with TMZ reporting that Kim Kardashian is not expected to get involved in the case.

Photo: Instagram

The outlet claimed her criminal justice reform work is centered on alleged wrongful conviction cases and appeals based on rehabilitation, and that this situation falls outside that scope.

Public interest in the case has resurfaced following Netflix’s release of “The Crash,” a documentary revisiting the fatal incident. The film digs into the story with interviews from folks close to the victims and people from Shirilla’s family, stirring up new talks about her legal situation. She is currently serving two concurrent 15-to-life prison sentences.

Photo: GoFundMe, Jardine Funeral Home

Back in 2023, Shirilla got convicted for murder and aggravated vehicular homicide. Prosecutors alleged she deliberately slammed her car into a brick wall during a strained period in her relationship with with her boyfriend, Dominic Russo. When the court handed down her sentence, they didn’t hold back describing how serious her actions were.

The defense claimed she suffered a medical episode related to postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome during the crash.

Since then, the case has remained polarizing, with differing accounts emerging across media reports, family statements, and the documentary’s framing Kim Kardashian has previously used her platform to advocate for individuals she believes were wrongfully convicted or deserving of sentence reconsideration, but has not extended that advocacy to this case. Shirilla remains incarcerated in Ohio and will become eligible for parole in 2037.

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Kendall Jenner and Jacob Elordi Join Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet for a Double Date

Published

on

Photo: Instagram

Kendall Jenner and Jacob Elordi made another public appearance together in Los Angeles on May 17, joining Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet for a night out. The group was photographed leaving a Fanatics party, with Elordi driving and Kendall riding in the front seat. Kylie, Chalamet, and photographer Renell Medrano sat in the back ,all attempting to avoid cameras as they left the venue.

Photo: Instagram

The appearance comes just days after Kendall and Elordi were photographed together on a beach in Hawaii during a trip the previous weekend, according to TMZ. The photos showed the two sitting together on the beach with Kendall wearing a bikini and Elordi dressed in a cap and shorts. The beach photos captured the pair in a private coastal setting, carrying the feel of an intimate, low-key date away from the public eye.

Rumors about the two first began circulating during Coachella in April, At the time sources told People and Entertainment Tonight that Kendall and Elordi had been seeing each other privately for several months. One insider noted they had “run in similar circles for years” but had only recently developed an attraction, describing their connection as “easy” due to shared low-key personalities and focus on their careers.

Photo: Instagram

In January 2026, Kendall spoke on Owen Thiele’s podcast “In Your Dreams” about being in her ‘me era’ after turning 29 in November 2024. She said she wanted a “me year” to focus on herself, while remaining open to what came her way.

The double date with Kylie and Chalamet marks another public outing together, further fuelling relationship speculation, adding another chapter to a rumored relationship that has unfolded gradually over the spring.

Read Next Post: Bella Hadid Brings Brother Anwar as Her Plus-One to the 2026 Cannes Film Festival

Continue Reading

Celebrity News

Bella Hadid Brings Brother Anwar as Her Plus-One to the 2026 Cannes Film Festival

Published

on

Photo: Instagram

Bella Hadid returned to the 2026 Cannes Film Festival on May 17 in one of the season’s most anticipated appearances. She showed up at the premiere of Jeanne Herry’s Garance, accompanied by her brother Anwar . Their entrance at the Palais des Festivals set a more relaxed, family-oriented tone for the evening.

Photo: Instagram

For the premiere, Bella wore a custom white strapless Prada gown with a structured jeweled bust and an ankle-length hem and a trailing train. She completed the look with a satin shawl, pointed pumps, and sparkling Chopard diamonds. Next to her, Anwar wore a classic black tuxedo with a white tie, keeping the look clean and understated.

Photographers caught the siblings walking together at the event, and their low-key coordination stood out against the usual red carpet activity. Earlier that day, Bella was spotted arriving in Nice ahead of the premiere, dressed in relaxed sportswear with no immediate indication she would later appear on the red carpet that evening . It’s classic Cannes for her.

Photo: Instagram

On May 17, Bella was also seen with her mother, Yolanda Hadid, during a relaxed boat ride along the French Riviera. She opted for relaxed off-duty looks that matched the coastal mood, moving away from red carpet styling.

This marked Bella’s first major Cannes red carpet appearance of the season. She Continues her consistent presence at the festival. Year after year, the festival remains a consistent stage for her, where she moves between couture statements and relaxed off-duty style.

Read Next Post: Cynthia Erivo Receives Royal Honor From Prince William at Windsor Castle

Continue Reading

Trending